In coordination with the ProQuest database provider, KIC Learning Resource Center conduct training on the ProQuest central and E-book Central.
The training will help the instructors/ instructors to,
- Discover the relevant resources
- Search and find appropriate resources
- Utilize online reader and bookshelf functionalities
- Perform downloads
- Identify the strength of the platform
- Recognize the importance of multidisciplinary resources in your library
- Use ProQuest Central to locate diverse content types for use in research and in teaching
About the Speaker
Samantha Bennett holds a Bachelor in Information Science from University of South Africa and a Master in Information Technology from University of Pretoria and is currently a PhD candidate at the University of Milwaukee. Prior to joining ProQuest as a Training & Consulting Partner Samantha was Library Technical Services Senior Specialist at Higher College of Technology in Abu Dhabi and prior to that she has worked at Legado Learning Consulting as a Library Management Facilitator and also holds prior experience as an electronic resources librarian at Stellenbosch University in South Africa and Library Manager at the
National Research Foundation working at the South African Astronomical Observatory library. Samantha has more than 18 years’ experience as a librarian particularly in e-Resources its workflows and processes.